Disclaimer: If you do this your warranty will be void. I am not responsible for any bricked devices.
(There is how ever an easy process how to restore your router back to original firmware LINK)
The firmware provided below HAS FIXED the problem of all lan ports including wan port acting as a dumb switch.
The firmware provided below consists of LuCI, 3G modem support and opkg package manager.
In this article I will guide you through the process of upgrading your router with OpenWRT firmware
Benefits of OpenWRT:
-Newest kernel for your 3G modems
-No more 0,5 Mbs bug limitation on upload
-More stable than stock (No dropped connections)
Lets get started, you will need:
- An active internet connection on 3G-6200n router (through WAN connection)
- Edimax 3G-6200n 2.21b firmware (My dropbox) or (EDIMAX POLAND)
- Link to OpenWRT firmware compiled by guenti (http://www.dropbox.com/s/y1radsg2re0fg4u/openwrt-ramips-rt305x-3g-6200n-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin) – This was what i uploaded to router
- Link to mtd program (http://www.dropbox.com/s/kqj7jtnkc567b04/mtd)
1. Go and download 2.21b firmware (You can use my link or the official one)
2. Upload the 2.21 firmware to your router (Your router is located at 192.168.2.1 / username: admin /password:1234)
3. Now that you installed the 2.21b firmware go to to 192.168.2.1 and log in. Now you can aceess the hidden page at http://192.168.2.1/syscmd.asp
4. In the input box enter this command:
/usr/sbin/telnetd -l /bin/ash
5. Open Telnet (Start-> Run -> telnet 192.168.2.1) Dont have telnet enabled yet? Follow this guide: Enable telnet
6. Enter the following commands one by one (after the last command wait for 5 minutes for router to install the firmware:
cd /tmp wget http://dl.dropbox.com/s/y1radsg2re0fg4u/openwrt-ramips-rt305x-3g-6200n-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin wget http://dl.dropbox.com/s/kqj7jtnkc567b04/mtd chmod a+x mtd ./mtd -r write openwrt-ramips-rt305x-3g-6200n-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin Kernel:RootFS
If everything went smoothly you should be able to acces your router at 192.168.1.1 / admin:root /password: blank