Disclaimer: If you do this guide you take full responsibility. I am not responsible for any lost data during this process.
In this guide I am going to tell you how to migrate all your outlook e-mails and settings to a new system.
In the first 4 steps you will prepare your current data for migration and in the last steps your are going to put it back on your new system.
Follow this easy steps and you wont have any problems with your migration
1. Enable hidden files and folders:
Open Windows Explorer ->Organize -> Folder and Search option
Select tab View, and select Show hidden files, folders, and drives
2. Now you are going to save your email database:
In Windows explorer input the address C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft (Change YOURUSERNAME to your computer’s username)
You have to save this whole folder.
Just to make sure, go to the folder and you should see something like this:
3. Now you are going to save your current settings related files:
In Windows explorer input the address C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft
And save the following files: Document Building Blocks, Office, Outlook and Uproof
4. Now we are going to save your Outlook settings:
Click the start button and in the search programs and files type REGEDIT
In the registry navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles right click on the office folder and select export (you can name your file whatever u want as long as you don’t loose the .reg in the end)
Now that you have prepared the data we are going to put it back on your new system.
1. Install your Microsoft Office and DO NOT open your Outlook yet!
2. Navigate to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft and move the Outlook folder that you have saved in the step 2.
3. Navigate to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft and move the Building Blocks, Office, Outlook and Uproof folders.
4. Put your NAMEFILE.reg that u have saved in step 4 on the C:\ direstory and run it, windows will ask you if you are sure to continue click YES.
5. Start Microsoft Outlook 2007, enter the password(s) for your accounts, and you are done. =)
If you like my posts please see About Tricks’n’Tips and see how you can support me =)