Disclaimer: If you do this your warranty will be void. I am not responsible for any bricked devices.
This guide can be used to upgrade your Huawei E3276 to the latest firmware.
This guide will work only if you if you have the following mobile modem:
-Huawei E3276s – 150 ( If not sure open the modem cover and find the sticker with the labels MODEL, IMEI, S/N.)
-Your modem must be the normal E3276 and not hilink E3276 (Check in mobile partner what your current firmware is.)
To check your current firmware open Mobile Partner -> Tools -> Diagnostics
If the number starts with 21. then you have the normal one.
If the number starts with 22. then you have the hilink version and this guide does not apply to you!)
So to recap if you have the model nubmer 3267s – 150 and your current firmware starts with 21. then this guide apply’s to you, otherwise do not use this guide!
1. Make sure that the computer has all the drivers.
(The easiest way to make sure that your computer meets this requirement is to connect the modem to the computer and connect to internet.)
2. Close any type of connection program like Mobile Partner or Branded mobile software (Modem must not be connected to the internet, modem light must be blinking, software must not be running)
Upgrading firmware procedure:
1. Download E3276 firmware. Start E3276s_Update_21.436.03.00.00 .
The program will start and will require to enter the Flash code.
2. Download Huawei Flash Code generator, extract it, start Huawei Unloker.exe .
Now you must enter your Huawei IMEI code and press unlock. The program will generate your flash and unlock code. (I needed only the flash code)
3. Enter the flash code and continue with the procedure.
4. Wait for upgrading to complete (Step 3 usually takes a lot of time so be patient)
5. When program comes to step 4, you have succesfully installed the newest firmware
If you like my posts please see About Tricks’n’Tips and see how you can support me =)