This guide can be used to debrand your Vodafone K4605 dongle in to generic Huawei E372 or to upgrade Huawei E372 to the latest firmware.
– Latest Huawei E372 Firmware 11.305.15.00.99.B757
– Huawei Flash Code generator Huawei Unlocker
– (Optional) Huawei Mobile Partner Generic Mobile Partner v21.003.27.00.03 or Branded Mobile Partner V23+USSD
1. Make sure that the computer has all the drivers.
(The easiest way to make sure that your computer meets this requirement is to connect the modem to the computer and connect to internet.)
2. Close any type of connection program like Mobile Partner or Vodafone software (Modem must not be connected to the internet, modem light must be blinking, software must not be running)
Upgrading firmware procedure:
1. Download E372 firmware and extract it. Start E372Update_11.305.15.00.99.B757.exe .
The program will start and will require to enter the Flash code.
2. Download Huawei Flash Code generator, extract it, start Huawei Unloker.exe .
Now you must enter your Huawei IMEI code and press unlock. The program will generate your flash and unlock code. (I needed only the flash code)
3. Enter the flash code and continue with the procedure.
4. Wait for upgrading to complete (Step 3 usually takes a lot of time so be patient)
5. When program comes to step 4, you have succesfully installed the newest firmware
For upgrading the software the same preupgrade requrements apply:
– installed drivers (see above)
-modem light must be blinking
-software must not be running
(Optional) Install generic Mobile Partner or Branded V23 Mobile Partner:
1.Download generic Mobile Partner Software
2.Extract it and run the .exe
3. If it asks you for unlock code, generate it with Huawei Unloker.exe
4.Wait for the program to do its thing.
5.Modem should restart and offer you to install the generic Mobile Partner
If you like my posts please see About Tricks’n’Tips and see how you can support me =)